NYS Local Government
IT Directors Association
Questions, comments, suggestions?
Please e-mail NYSLGITDA webmaster
Copyright 2017 © All rights reserved
The New York State Local Government Information Technology Directors’ Association (NYSLGITDA) is a 501(c)(6) membership-based nonprofit organization incorporated in 1995 and dedicated to the coordination and improvement of information technology in all types of governments in New York State. The Association Membership is open to any NY State Municipality, School, Community College, BOCES or Authority.
The NYSLGITDA accomplishes its mission thorough a membership which includes over 70 municipalities conducting semi-annual conferences, providing a dynamic listserve through Google Groups and actively participating in the New York State Chief Information Officer’s CIO Council. These methods encourage effective communications between local government technology leaders and New York State Departments thus mitigating the impact of NYS system implementations and improving the intended results. The strength of the Association is the dedicated, enthusiastic involvement of the members.
The purposes for which this Association has been organized are as follows:
· To promote and further the interests of those engaged in local government information technology services by providing a forum for the exchange of views and the dissemination of information within the local government information technology community on topics of interest
· To promote cooperative relations among state and local government information technology directors
· To advise all government agencies and officials concerning the use of information technology
· To foster collaborative research among members and to encourage education, training and projects in the field of local government information technology
· To assist local governments in their use of information technology
· To promote sound general principles for computer system development and use
· To maintain an information file concerning local government in the State of New York and to make that information available to members
· To do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing purposes or in the advancement thereof, but not for the pecuniary profit or financial gain of its members, directors or officers.
Steve Zimmer President
Director of Information & Technology Services
Genesee County County, New York
President, NYS Local Government IT Directors Association